Creative Stuff - Nonsense Rhyme

Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Protest of the Alarm!

The alarm said, “I’m tired
of being treated thus!
I’m not the kind who generally
decides to make a fuss -
but some things ought to be clear,
between the two of us!”

“You set me up, with the time,
and I make no protest.
You seem to think I sit awake
all night, purely in jest!
And when I ring out in the morn,
You treat me like a pest!”

“You rudely slap me on the head.
It hurts me to the core.
Every time you slap me hard,
my head gets very sore.
You really must stop this abuse.
I can’t take it any more.”

“I’m on strike - I refuse to ring,
to wake you up at dawn.
I deserve to be respected,
But you treat me with such scorn!
I’d like to see how you manage
To wake up, when I’m gone!”

“You’ve really got a loud mouth!
Oh! Please! Do be quiet!
I’m trying to snatch a few extra winks,
After a late and tiring night!”
I slapped the alarm on the head.
And gave it quite a fright!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home