Creative Stuff - Nonsense Rhyme

Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Soap and The Shampoo

Said the soap to the shampoo
"I don't know about you,
but I am sick and tired
of sitting in this loo.
After the morning bath is done
There's just nothing to do".

The shampoo said "Precisely!"
"You've said my thoughts aloud.
I would have said this earlier,
but I thought you very proud.
Still, beyond these bathroom walls
we're simply not allowed."

"I am very doubtful,
if there is such a rule.
I'm sure the bathtub made it up,
it loves to play the fool!"
The soap glared at the bathtub,
which was busy playing pool.

"I do so wish to see the world",
The shampoo shed a tear.
"It is so vast and wonderful,
and beautiful, I hear.
But I will never get a chance,
to see all this, I fear".

"By Jove! Let's set off right away,"
The soap did quick reply.
"if that is what will make you glad,
for I hate to see you cry!
Let's go all around the world,
together, you and I".

So off they went, the two of them,
with a little skip and hop.
They slid downstairs and to the door,
Hoping no one would cry Stop!
But nobody saw them making off,
except the broom and mop.

Around the world they made their way,
And saw many a wondrous sight.
At last they came to a beach
which was pretty, blue and white.
It was a marvel to behold
And filled them with delight.

"Let us rest here", the shampoo said
"'Tis the best place I have seen!"
"That's very true", the soap agreed
"It's better than where we've been".
And so they both lay down to rest
Upon the sand, serene.

The waves came up and tickled them,
As they lay on the sand.
The water said, "Come, play with me,
I'm cooler than the land!"
The soap and shampoo jumped in glee,
And waded in, hand-in-hand.

"I feel so light", the shampoo said.
"It's probably the sun.
Bubbly and full of air,
Oh! This is so much fun!"
"We're dissolving!" cried the soap out loud.
"Alas! What have we done?!"

The waves then took pity
And washed them both ashore.
They lay panting on the sand,
frothing from every pore.
Grateful for the narrow escape,
but shaken to the core.

"The water and the beach is good"
The soap said, after a while.
"Perhaps we should settle here?"
"I agree!" the shampoo replied.
And so they lived, upon the beach,
Happy, till they died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home